I found some books my second grade son likes to read!

My second grade son is a reluctant reader. He just does not see reading as fun. The only time he does read is when I tell him that he needs too (like the 15 mins he needs to read nightly for school). Well, was I surprised to come into his room and find him reading a book for fun of all things. It was Diary of  a Spider by Doreen Cronin. It is a really cute book with engaging pictures and a not too much text on a page that can frustrate my son.

Well since he likes that book so much. I just came back from the library with the others in the series. Diary of a Worm, Diary of a Fly and I saw that Doreen Cronin also authored a Caldecott award winner Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type. They all look cute and fun to read so hopefully I will turn my son into a reader yet!

If you have any other good books for second grade boys please let me know. I am always trying to find ideas for him.

Comments

  1. You could have your son read books written by Roald Dahl. He wrote so many fanastic books for young children. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "The BFG" are examles of Dahl's books. There are movies based on many of his books. As a reward for reading those books, you can have your son watch the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the reward of watching the movie if he reads the book. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog