Skip to main content

Works For Me Wednesday Stocking Up Sick Supplies

Well the influenza has hit our home this week. First my oldest son and now my youngest. So far no one else but chances are the other two will be coming down with it soon. So am I glad that I had done some stocking up on supplies that we need when they get sick. I have the Advil and Tylenol that we need (we need different types since some use the children's and some adult dosages). We also have honey on hand. I love using that for their coughs it really helps and hey, they are excited about taking it since its honey. I also had stocked up at Walgreen's before when Kleenex was on sale so we have plenty on hand. Also I have Gatorade, juices, and water bottles to hydrate them up.

Thank goodness I have everything because I definitely don't want to take them out to get anything and by the time my husband comes home from work I am in no mood to go shopping. Also is saves us money since I bought ahead with sales and coupons instead of running out and emergency buying at full cost.

Comments

  1. I think I finally have this down. One year I went way overboard with coupons and sales and had to throw a lot away because it expired. It saves soooo much money to have this stuff on hand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Daughter on Her Square One Graduation

Our church has a wonderful student learning program called Square One. It is an intensive Bible Study for 6th through 8th grades where they dig deep into the Bible, memorize verses and the books of the Bible. My daughter recently graduated from the program and at the graduation celebration the parents were to bring a letter they wrote to share with their child. Here is mine:


I am so proud of you and how you are growing into such a wonderful God loving person. You have grown so much developing skills that will help you for a lifetime. I love how you are filled with the Lord's love and show it to all around you. You have grown so much this year in Square One not only in your knowledge of the Bible but in getting closer to God. It has been so wonderful all the scripture you have memorized. Those scriptures will always be there to help guide you throughout your life.

My prayer for you is that the Lord blesses you with his wisdom and helps guide you in your life. That you grow closer to …

Works For Me Wednesday How to Save Money on Books

I love to read books but our budget doesn't allow me to spend much money on that hobby so I have devised a way to read great books at no cost.

When I see a book that I find interesting on someone's blog or Facebook post that directs me to Amazon I put that book into my wishlist on Amazon. Then when I have time or the need for a new book to read. I go to my library system's online search catalog and refer back to my Amazon wishlist and see if any of the titles are available.

I can put them on hold and I get an email from my library when they are available. This little trick has saved me so much money over the years. I have been able to read some wonderful books that otherwise I could not afford.