Skip to main content

Works For Me Wednesday Starting My Day

I am not a morning person, not at all but with four kids I had to adapt. Well, to help my mornings go smoother I try to implement a few things.

  • I usually try to do a quick five minute pick up at night to at least wake up to a somewhat clean home
  • At night I set out my younger kids clothing for the day
  • We have a rule on school days that you need to be dressed for the day to come eat breakfast
  • Most importantly I try to get myself up and ready first ( this is huge because it sets my mood for the day) I try to shower, dress and eat breakfast ,have my coffee  and make my bed so that I can be able to focus on my children getting ready.

Comments

  1. We do all of these, too! I have to get showered and have a cup of coffee before the kids get up or I'm just cranky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do many of these as well. Unfortunately, I still have not managed to pick the kids clothes the night before and that is something I really need to work on. Seems like you have the routine down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This used to be me. Unfortunately I've fallen into a "wake when the kids" wake phase. Not the best. With our older kids I kept all their clothes in the closet with pants/shorts hung on the hanger beneath the shirt. This way they could pick their own clothes, but would always match. It helped me a lot in my more organized stage of life :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Daughter on Her Square One Graduation

Our church has a wonderful student learning program called Square One. It is an intensive Bible Study for 6th through 8th grades where they dig deep into the Bible, memorize verses and the books of the Bible. My daughter recently graduated from the program and at the graduation celebration the parents were to bring a letter they wrote to share with their child. Here is mine:


I am so proud of you and how you are growing into such a wonderful God loving person. You have grown so much developing skills that will help you for a lifetime. I love how you are filled with the Lord's love and show it to all around you. You have grown so much this year in Square One not only in your knowledge of the Bible but in getting closer to God. It has been so wonderful all the scripture you have memorized. Those scriptures will always be there to help guide you throughout your life.

My prayer for you is that the Lord blesses you with his wisdom and helps guide you in your life. That you grow closer to …