Skip to main content

Homemade Pizza Using a Bread Machine

A great way to save money is by making your own pizza and eating it at home. But this can be time consuming. I have a great recipe for homemade pizza that is quick with very little hands on time needed using my bread machine for the dough.

The Dough


Put in bread machine in this order or by what your machines manufacture recommends:

7/8 cup warm water
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon active yeast

Set on dough setting (my machine has a pizza dough setting I use that) Start machine my pizza dough cycle lasts 50 mins

While that runs in the machine I make put together the ingredients for the sauce, here is the recipe that I use for that.


The Sauce


Mix in a medium bowl the following ingredients:

1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

When the dough cycle is finished I spread dough out on slightly greased with olive oil pizza pans (this recipe will make two pizzas)
I precook my dough at 425 degrees for about 6 minutes  then put on sauce , anything else you like , we usually put on onions then mozzarella cheese pepperoni and mushrooms. I put it in to finish baking for about 7 minutes keeping an eye out so it doesn't burn.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Daughter on Her Square One Graduation

Our church has a wonderful student learning program called Square One. It is an intensive Bible Study for 6th through 8th grades where they dig deep into the Bible, memorize verses and the books of the Bible. My daughter recently graduated from the program and at the graduation celebration the parents were to bring a letter they wrote to share with their child. Here is mine:


I am so proud of you and how you are growing into such a wonderful God loving person. You have grown so much developing skills that will help you for a lifetime. I love how you are filled with the Lord's love and show it to all around you. You have grown so much this year in Square One not only in your knowledge of the Bible but in getting closer to God. It has been so wonderful all the scripture you have memorized. Those scriptures will always be there to help guide you throughout your life.

My prayer for you is that the Lord blesses you with his wisdom and helps guide you in your life. That you grow closer to …